Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Utility Club Past President's Tea

As some of you may know, I am the current Utility Club president. We are a local women's group that dates back to 1927. We do community service with several organizations around Griffin, donate money, give scholarships to local students, and publish a cook book The Stuffed Griffin. I have a been a member since I moved back to Griffin in 2005. Every other year, the current president hosts a tea for all the past presidents. The oldest past president had her 96th birthday on Saturday, so it was neat to get to celebrate that in addition to the past presidents. Mimi Johnson was kind enough to offer to host this even at her house. Here are some pictures

Here are the invitations. I made little tea envelopes for the invitation.


Here is the cake. It was chocolate with cream cheese icing. I tried a new brush technique to do the flowers.


Below are some of the flower arrangements I did for the tables. I picked up most of the flowers at Sam's club. It was a great weekend to buy pretty spring flowers because of mother's day.Thankfully, my roses were going crazy so I was able to use some of those as well.








1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love!
    I love the invites, cake looks gorgeous and centerpieces are amazing! I think you're ready to do this full time :)

    ReplyDelete