Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Cabaret/ cupcake FAIL

My friend Adam, who I have known for almost 20 years, started a run in Cabaret this past weekend. He is paying the Master of Ceremonies role, and after watching him on Friday night, I am pretty sure it was one of the many things he was born to do. The show was over in Newnan, check out the theater's website for more information- http://www.newnantheater.org/.
Since I started my blog, Adam has told me that I need to put my failures on my blog as well as the successes. So wouldn't you know, my first big failure (worth a whole blog post) would be on something I did for him. I made some cabaret themed cupcakes for the cast on opening night. They were so cute! I made feathered headbands, lingerie sets, and even copied the lettering off a movie poster I found on Internet. I was so excited to get them into the box to take over to him. My excitement faded very quickly as I picked the board up and it proceeded to form a cardboard cabaret cupcake sandwich. So the pictures below are actually version 2.0 of these cupcakes. Thankfully, after taking a minute to calm down, I was able to fix the problem.





Here are the cupcakes. I guess I should have taken a picture of the disaster. Next time, I will try and be clear headed enough to get the camera!
Here are the little headbands with feathers


And a closeup of the lingerie!


1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I'm sure you had a panic, but looks like all turned out well! These are great!

    ReplyDelete