Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Savannah, my new city crush



This year for Valentine's Day, Brian took me to Savannah for a night. Brian always goes out of his way to make February 14th special; which is especially nice of him considering I am not a huge fan of the holiday.
I think that I am the only person in the free world, or at least in the state of Georgia, who had not been to this town. So, I walked around like the biggest tourist ever with a map in one hand and a camera in the other. (If only I had a northern accent, I would have blended right in!) I think we just scratched the surface of things to see in the time that we were there. On Sunday night, we ate at Huey's on the River Walk, and then we had an icee at Wet Willies (which I might add is the ultimate icee experience, there is one opening in Atlanta soon!)
I loved looking at all the architecture, and now I want to design a house! Its probably a good thing that we are staying put for a few more years, because if I designed a house off of one trip to Savannah it would probably look ridiculous. But, none the less here are some of the pics from the trip.

I was very intrigued by this side porch. I would love to know the story behind it because it looks like more of a pool house than a porch. All it needs is an outdoor kitchen and a sitting area.









I saw this in the window of a shop that was closed. Which was a good thing because I would have tried to find a way to take it home with me. It would look perfect in my dining room. On a side note, I liked the way the building reflected in this shot.












The Mercer House, I have wanted to visit since I read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. We didn't take the tour because they won't answer any questions about Jim Williams, otherwise they would have gotten my $13.










I was amazed at the number of historical markers in Savannah. Some of the squares had 3 or 4 markers in each one. This one was right by our hotel, and it caught my eye because I had always thought that Athens was the birthplace of UGA.










No comments:

Post a Comment