Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week Four







Tonight, I am feeling a little bit proud that I have kept my resolution for four whole weeks. This has definitely outlived any other resolution I have made for myself. Maybe if I posted my weight or bank account balance on a blog, I would have some motivation to be frugal and work out! I have heard the statistic that says it takes 21 days to make a habit; however, I am wondering if something I do only one day a week takes 21 days or will I know I have made this a habit once I have made it to 21 weeks?



This week's project was cupcakes made to look like baby rattles. (OK, I know you are sitting there thinking you are sick of looking at pictures of cupcakes, and soon I promise I am going to branch out.) But, my mom asked me to make these for a baby shower that she was hosting with her bell choir for a girl that we all go to church with. I found the idea on the Betty Crocker website. The only adjustment that I made was to use marshmallows as the end of the rattle. Their recipe called for gum drops. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find gumdrops when it is not Christmas?? I thought for SURE I would be able to find Valentines colored ones. But I think the pink marshmallows (which tasted like strawberry, and they were delicious.) gave them the same effect.






1 comment:

  1. those are fabulous!! love the pink marshmallows much better than gumdrops!!

    ReplyDelete