Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Week One Continues

Today, I am meeting with a bride about wedding cakes. Since my cake portfolio is exactly one cake, I figured I should take some mini cakes along for a tasting. I had made all of these recipes before, except for the white icing, and I have always wanted to try making traditional wedding cake icing (the kind that is sweet enough to send the healthiest of individuals into a diabetic coma and gets a little crunchy as it dries). I think I was successful, I guess I will have to wait and see what the bride thinks!




While I am on the wedding cake subject, above is a picture of my first wedding cake. I made this "deconstructed" cake for my friends Sydney and Walker. The cake was chocolate with cream cheese icing. I made the flowers that were on the cake from tulle and taffeta, and they were held together with little pearl buttons. Sydney ordered her bride and groom topper from Etsy.


It was a wonderful day (words cannot describe how perfect it was), and I was so happy to not only get to celebrate with them but create for them as well.


Nectar and Company, out of Thomaston, did the decorations. Here is a link to their blog so you can check out other pictures from the day (and better cake pics!)









No comments:

Post a Comment