Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What a difference a YEAR makes!!

It was a year ago today that I made my first post on this blog. I am so excited that I finally kept a New Years Resolution! When I started I wasn't really sure what would happen. I was hoping to work in different mediums each week, but I got so many requests for baked goods that it just kind of took on a life of its own! Granted, I didn't post every week like I said I was going to because this past fall I got very busy while teaching in the morning and at night. But, after I totalled everything up, I had more than enough projects to have one for each week. All together, I had 77 unique projects for the year. There were others, but I didn't take pictures of things I didn't decorate. I really appreciate all of the support that I got from all of you this year, and I am looking forward to a great 2011! As a little thank you, I am giving 25% off any orders placed through the end of the week. Just call or send me an email and I will get it on the calendar, even if you won't want it for months, you can still get the discount!
 This week, I did branch out a little bit, and I made something I had never even eaten before. There seems to be quite a bit of buzz surrounding macaroons right now, so I decided I should try making some. The one's above are French macaroons, I filled these with chocolate ganache. I was drawn to the French style because they make such pretty little sandwiches, and I love the fact that you can make them in so many color and flavor combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment